Looking for a new furry best friend? Look no further. Check out Daylily!
In an effort to help get pets adopted, we are working with the Forsyth County Animal Shelter right across the way from us to help post a few pets each week who are looking to get adopted from their shelter. Today, we have Daylily, a sweet kitty looking for her forever home. She has been with the shelter for the longest time, yet no one has chosen this precious sweetheart. She loves to get pet and purrs really loudly. If you or someone you know is in the market for a new furry best friend, please send them to the Forsyth County Animal Shelter to check out Daylily as well as hundreds of other animals in need of their forever home!
Forsyth County Animal Shelter Information:
Hours: Tuesday through Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m
Phone Number: 678-965-7185
Address: 4065 County Way, Cumming, GA 30028 – GET DIRECTIONS
If you are not in the market for a pet, but are still wanting to help the animal shelter in other ways, here are the best ways to do so:
Volunteer: There are plenty of volunteering positions available at the shelter for anyone looking to give some time to those in need. Have a lazy teenager at home that needs something to do? Let them Volunteer (someone over the age of 18 must be present with them). Trying to save money by not spending it? Volunteer. Looking for a great opportunity to give back to your community? Volunteer! Here are a list of the positions that are open:
- Dog Walker: Dog walking volunteers work one-on-one with dogs and puppies, taking them outside for exercise and training, and giving them all the love they need to thrive in the unusual atmosphere. The shelter can be a noisy and stressful place for dogs who have been lost or given up by their owners. Interaction with people is their best therapy.
- Cat Cuddler: Cat Cuddlers hold, pet, interact and brush the shelter’s felines. This allows the cats to relax in the shelter where there may be a number of strange smells and noises. The Cat Cuddler Program allows volunteers to interact with kittens and cats to help alleviate the animal’s stress, thereby enabling the cat to become more friendly and calm when approached by a potential adopter.
- Wish List Volunteer: To care for the animals served by the Forsyth County Animal Shelter, the shelter needs many supplies. Please consider holding a “drive” for the shelter to promote our wish list. This could even be done at home through social media!
- Foster Care Volunteer: The Forsyth County Animal shelter places special needs animals into warm nurturing environments that can provide consistent care. Volunteers are needed for not quite adoptable (too young, too old, or unsocialized) animals in foster homes until they can be placed for adoption. Foster care volunteers must be 18 years old and a home check is required.
- Event Help: Volunteers are needed to represent the Forsyth County Animal Shelter at special events. Volunteers may be required to assist with check-in, provide directions, set-up and/or clean-up and any other special needs (such as item sales). Our Special Events Volunteers must have the ability to meet deadlines and be flexible with job assignments.
- Photographer: Volunteers are needed to take pictures and shoot videos of our adoptable animals on a weekly basis for the adoption section of our Web site.
- Groomer: Volunteers groom shelter dogs to create quality bonding time between themselves and the dogs, thus increasing a dog’s adoptability. Dogs often come to the shelter matted and dirty. The special attention from a grooming volunteer enables the dog’s true personality to shine through and increases their chance of being adopted.
Donate: Don’t have the time to Volunteer? Another way to help out is to donate. The shelter is requesting that the following items be donated to help with the care of the animals in their shelter:
- Kuranda cots
- Dog pill pockets
- KMR (kitten replacement milk), feeding bottles and other kitten supplies
- Pedigree canned dog food
- Fancy Feast canned cat food
- Milk Bone dog biscuits
- Gift cards to Petco, PetSmart or Costco
- Pet wipes
- Disinfecting wipes
- Dawn dish soap
- Gently used towels and blankets
- Cat toys
- Large Kong@ toys
- HE laundry soap
- Paper towels
- Cat scratching posts
- Cat trees for climbing
- Stainless steel pet food bowls
- Hand sanitizer
- Training treats